Tuesday 19 March 2013

gamasutra and Edge


     In this session we were asked to sign up for Gamasutra, Edge and Game Industry International accounts and newsletters.

On Gamasutra my account info is my gmail account with its password.

On Gamasutra I have signed up to receive emails regarding:
CareerFor the active job hunter, a detailed listing of all the jobs posted on Gamasutra, and contracting opportunities for the previous week.
Game Developer MonthlyMonthly E-mail update for Game Developer subscribers features upcoming articles, new blog posts, and content extras from www.gdmag.com.

Game Career Guide (Student Newsletter)A summary of all the top News and Features posted on Gamasutra's sister educational site Game Career Guide in the last two weeks, including student postmortems, school news, in-depth game analysis, theses, and a host of other useful information.



For Edge, username is lauravarga, while the account is again under my gmail details.

With Edge I have signed up for:  I would like to receive the Edge Online newsletter, packed full of the latest news, competitions and exclusive offers. 


Apart from that, I will visit the website on a regular basis to keep in touch with all the news from the industry.

I have also opened a Games Industry International account and have signed up for A summary of the day's Games Industry news and features. 

I think that by signing up to all these major industry payers, I will be able to keep on top of jobs, news and events that are related to the gaming industry, giving me a more detailed picture of where I am heading and what I need to do to achieve my goals (ideal job, etc).


No comments:

Post a Comment