Friday 7 February 2014

Week 2



Week 2

In my second week, I was asked to do another model for a race barrier, as we are currently working on multiple race tracks, so we will need more that one style of barrier.

I have followed the same steps and principles as in my first week, and I have achieved a final product in 3 days.

I am very happy with the work I have been asked to do, as starting with something simple, like a race barrier, has given me the opportunity to learn basic geometry creation in 3DS Max, as well as practice all the steps of the design process and help with implementing them much quicker.

Through this process, I have improved my modelling skills, as well as my painting in Photoshop. I have started using elements of both 3Ds Max and Photoshop that I haven't used before, and all, in order to improve efficiency.

Rendered images of the second race barrier are shown below.


UVW map. Sides have been overlapped for space saving purposes.
As the UVW maps of more than one item will be using the same texture space, I have found that overlapping
identical items, will give the option of having bigger resolution when texture will be applied.



Modular race barrier element textured in two different colours and tessellated.

No comments:

Post a Comment