Friday 7 February 2014

Week 5



Week 5

This week, my task was to create a third tyre, (for one of the cars) and bring together the tyres textures and map the tyres to it.

This meant that I had to put all three textures into one single file, and arrange in such a way that individual texture will not overlap. Each element of texture needed to be arranged with keeping in mind of what and where the other elements in other files were. By doing this, I have obtained one file image in which I had information (texture) for 3 different tyres and 3 different rims. 

This was like doing a puzzle initially as I have never done anything like this before, but I totally understood the reason for it and I have managed to do exactly what was required, with, I must say, great satisfaction.

By importing this image into the UVW editor in the 3DS Max software by using the "pick texture" option, I have then Imported and Merged all 3 completed wheels (tyres and rims) into one 3DS Max file and started organising the UVW maps to correspond the texture map. By doing that, I have put all three wheels and all three textures into one file, making the whole process much more efficient.

This was another challenging but very rewarding week. I have learned a lot in both programs ( Photoshop - working with and organising layers and 3DS Max - importing and merging models into one file).

No comments:

Post a Comment