Friday 7 February 2014

Week 4



Week 4

This week, I was asked to produce another rim for a different type of tire. Applying everything I have learned in my previous week, I have done just that, and achieved a very nice, slightly unusual rim. 

There is not much more to say about the process as it was discussed in detail in my previous post, but of course, by repeating the process, I have improved my skills and gained more confidence.

The second rim I have created, was for a 4x4 car, so the design needed to be a bit more funky, more unusual, and not so simple as the previous one.

Here is what I have created:

Initial colour was applied using materials in the 3DS MAX software. I was trying to see how this rim would look as a two toned version. But, with some feedback from Paul (my supervisor), I have changed the colour scheme, and when the model was textured, I have inverted the colours and experimented with various combinations.

Here is how it looks on the actual 4x4 model used into the game:

4x4 car used in the game with the rims created by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment